Search This Blog

Sunday, September 9, 2018

A Competent Communicator

I think my Pastor is a great communicator because he is speaking from knowledge. It shows when

he speaks that he has done research on his topic. He knows the dynamics of the era, the location, and

the culture of the people. He also invites the listener to research his findings by directing you to the

texts his research contained. I am convinced of what he is saying because he uses the Bible to

interpret the Bible. Seldom does he speak on what he thinks; instead, he gives different places to

compare where more understanding can be accomplished.  I have heard lots of preachers during my

lifetime, some shout incoherently, others espoused their own beliefs as scripture. But I have to say

this man communicates with passion, never condemnation, with explanations, never demands. And

those qualities put him above the rest in my opinion. I would love to speak on a subject that I have

thoroughly researched and it flows out with no hesitation because I believe what I am saying.

Confidence comes from knowledge, and that is what the Pastor exhibits that I would emulate.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learner-Centered Teaching!

I selected the BFE Early Literacy Lesson, class. Ms. Kathleen Edgar circle time was used for interaction and sharing content. The teacher ...