Search This Blog

Saturday, April 21, 2018

Professional Goals, Hopes, and Dreams!


Professional Goals, Hopes, and Dreams

  In my center Quality Rated and NAEYC, and Bright from the Start, are always being discussed. Because the first two are accreditations, and the other represents the state of Georgia licensure. The thing that is not professional is that on the days when they come to inspect and rate the center everyone is in a frenzy. For example, Pre-K uses the bathrooms in preschool classrooms, but when visitors come, they take pre-k to the bathrooms outside the resource lab. That is because of convenience at least that is the supposed reasoning for sharing bathrooms with preschool, which is not supposed to happen. Changing habit on inspection days gives you an idea of how the teachers are doing things their ways instead of what the accreditation suggests. Personally, I disagree with this method, I have voiced my objections, and we are teaching children to be deceitful. We should do the requirements every day, so when we have visitors, we are doing the right things, confusing the children, it is not ethical. I am trying to share information with the teachers and the director of what I am learning, understanding how children develop, being team workers, and continuing their education. At least three teachers have listened, two are working towards their associate, and one for her bachelor.
We have a center that houses Early Head Start, Georgia Lottery Pre-K, Quality Rated Subsidy Grant, and the Atlanta Technical College Early Education Center, there are lots of professional training done through Early Head Start, Atlanta Technical College EEC requires each teacher to acquire 10 credit hours of professional training each year, Pre-K have training for their teachers each year and Quality Rated.  On April 2, 2018, I had 8 hours of training with Early Head Start teachers on ITERS and QRIS. 
My professional goals involve doing the right things for the right reasons, continuing to learn and grow in knowledge, and advocating for free early childhood education, and wage compensation for ECE teachers.  I want to teach the future educators in early childhood education.
I hope that I can inspire the new teachers of tomorrow to be continuous learners, team workers, who care about their children, colleagues, and communities.  My challenges are doing homework almost every day while working, caring for my Mother, exercising and caring for myself. I hope to continue my education after I receive my Master, not only with professional training but certificates and my Doctorate.  I have to pass the GACE test to work with children in elementary school, to earn the most pay if I work in Pre-K.  My challenge is time, time is scarce, and I never seem to have enough to give my best efforts in school, home, or work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learner-Centered Teaching!

I selected the BFE Early Literacy Lesson, class. Ms. Kathleen Edgar circle time was used for interaction and sharing content. The teacher ...