Search This Blog

Saturday, March 10, 2018

Getting Ready-Expanding Horizons and Expanding Resources

    I visited several sites, one was Global Fund for Children. This site is interesting because of it's diverse contributions. Global Fund for Children focuses on education, gender  equity, youth empowerment, and freedom from violence and exploitation. One story I read was about "Boys demanding the rights for Girls ". The article explained how most people are fighting for the rights of women and girls in India. But they are fighting to empower boys to protect women and girls.  Hopefully, to change the boys perspectives so they will not be the abusers, but be the protectors. I hope this is successful, because I have read of the horrors women and girls endure in India. I submitted for their newsletter.
     EdSource Today is a site I already receive news and Podcasts from.  EdSource is a non-profit journalism website reporting on key education issues in California and beyond. I also examined National Black Child Development Institute, the Society for Research in Child Development, and NAEYC. I was looking for like-minded sources that are actively doing good. The World Forum Foundation Early Care and Education was interesting, because they are a way of being, not thinking. Their next World Forum will be April 8-11, 2019 in Macao, China. The last one was in 2014 and was attended by at least 81 countries.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learner-Centered Teaching!

I selected the BFE Early Literacy Lesson, class. Ms. Kathleen Edgar circle time was used for interaction and sharing content. The teacher ...