Search This Blog

Saturday, February 3, 2018

"My Connections to Play"

 I am not sure if my parents used play time as a reward, or a break time for themselves. But it was the best times for me, going to school, and playing were the best things in my childhood.  I remember playing with marbles, jump ropes, hopscotch, and running playing hide and seek. If I was 4 or 5, then sliding the slide board, swinging, and playing with my dolls was the gist of playtime. I remember as I got older the things I did as a child playing became a part of my life now.  I use to make doll clothes from old pillowcases and comb her hair, make up stories to tell, play school always had to be the teacher. Today I am a teacher, I can sew without ever having training, create patterns, upholster furniture and cars. I write poetry and lyrics, and short stories.  All the talent I have started as a child playing games. In fact, I never realized the connection until I started to write this post. Playing is very important, a child discovers the things that they are capable of doing. Play was supported by buying bikes, skates, toys to cook with, coloring books, each item was used to do develop.  I remember the freedom of being outside, I could do lots of things, and what I could not do I would imagine.

 “We don’t stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -George Bernard Shaw

“If you want to be creative, stay in part a child, with the creativity and invention that characterizes children before they are deformed by adult society.” -Jean Piaget




No comments:

Post a Comment

Learner-Centered Teaching!

I selected the BFE Early Literacy Lesson, class. Ms. Kathleen Edgar circle time was used for interaction and sharing content. The teacher ...